Infinity Channel Swimming Beach Lifeguard Training
National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification
The NVBLQ complies with the International Life Saving Federation beach competency framework. It will be offered by all three organisations and is endorsed by the National Water Safety Forum and the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI).
The NVBLQ will be recognised and promoted by RLSS UK, SLS GB, SLSA Wales as the national standard for vocational beach lifeguarding.
The NVBLQ course is a minimum of 40 hours long followed by a practical assessment on beach theory, life support, first aid, swimming pool practical and open water practical.
Upon qualifying with the NVBLQ, the certificate is valid for two years from the date of successful completion.
NVBLQ Course Pre-Requisites
Every candidate attending a NVBLQ course must:
- Be 16-years-old or over at the time of the assessment
- Have a good level of fitness
- Surface dive to a depth of 1.5 metres
- Tread water for two minutes
- Climb out of deep water unaided and without steps
- Be competent at swimming in the sea
- Be able to swim 400m in less than eight minutes
- Swim 100m on the front, 100m on the back and 200m in less than four minuets